Comfort Foods That You Can Cook and Prepare in Less Than an Hour
Everybody has their own version and recipe for their favorite comfort food, and it depends on their taste or flavor of food that they want to incorporate to achieve that nostalgic and comforting taste that they long. This is what makes comfort food an all-time favorite of many people.
When it comes to comfort food, everybody has their own interpretation, and you cannot argue with it because each dish has its own characteristics. However, regardless of the different versions of comfort food, it does not always require hours of slow-cooking on your stove top. To satisfy your taste buds and comfort food cravings, here are some quick dishes that you might want to try, and who knows, you might add another comfort food to the list of your all-time favorites.
As you can see, most comfort food that you love is known to take hours and has to undergo slow and low cooking techniques, which is very time-consuming, but in this article, you will learn what to do when you’re completely craving for a comfort food, but you want it to be served as quickly as you want. In this article, let us find out easy comfort food recipes that you can cook and serve on your table within thirty minutes.
- Grilled cheese sandwich– It sounds basic, but the majority of people who love comfort food are hooked on grilled cheese sandwiches. This can be made from various types of cheese on any sort of bread either a flatbread, a wheat bread, or white bread that includes some butter or mayonnaise. Usually, a grilled cheese sandwich is made by grilling it with butter until it’s toasty and crispy enough on the outside and melted cheese on the inside.
- Mac and Cheese– This all-time classic comfort food is very simple to make. All you need is macaroni pasta, cheese sauce, and common cheddar cheese.Some parts of the United States and Canada add some additional ingredients such as bacon, ham, or other types of cheese to incorporate more flavor to it, making it more enjoyable to dig in.
- Corn dog– Making a corn dog does not require an expert skill level, all you need is a sausage, coat it with a very thick layer of cornmeal batter and deep fry it until it turns golden brown. You can dip it with either cheese, mayonnaise, or catsup. Corn dogs are very popular to kids, especially during summer vacation when it’s usually eaten as snacks.
- Chocolate chip cookie– When it comes to a snack and dessert, a chocolate chip cookie can be considered. This beloved comfort food also does not require chef-like skills considering that chocolate chip cookie mixes are now available at the supermarket and can be baked in less than 30-minutes.
- Spaghetti with meatballs– This Italian dish that is now one of the most loved comfort food around the world also does not take hours to cook. All you need is a good-quality pasta spaghetti, a fresh tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese for garnishing, and a juicy beef meatball that you can put on top to satisfy your cravings.